Saturday 5 December 2015

Agony Aunt





I read Dear Abby on Yahoo every week and I absolutely love it. here are some excerpts that I thought were worth sharing. Kindly lend your advice to these dilemmas which I think are problems which very many young people all over the world can relate with.



Mom Bars Teen From Wedding Of Old Friend Marrying Young

DEAR ABBY: I am 16 and my old friend from grammar school is getting married next month. I just received a wedding invitation in the mail. However, my mother does not approve of her getting married at such a young age (she's 18) and has forbidden me to go or even talk to her. 

I haven't seen this friend in more than two years because she moved away and has only recently returned. I want to attend her wedding. How can I go about convincing my mom to let me go? -- INVITED IN LAS VEGAS
 ________________________________________________
Teen Would Like To Stiff-Arm Mom's 'Affectionate' Friend

DEAR ABBY: I'm 16, go to high school, play football and make good grades. 

At church every Sunday, a lady who is one of my mom's friends always makes a point of coming up to me to talk. She says things about me growing up to be a man, and asks me if I'm dating. She always gives me an extended hug. It's really uncomfortable for me, and embarrassing.

I tried to talk to my mom about it, but she just said her friend is a very affectionate person. To me, the way she does it is creepy and scary. I don't want to be unfriendly to anybody, but this is different. Any suggestions? -- ENOUGH ALREADY, IN SOUTH CAROLINA

Dear Abby is written by Abigail Van Buren, also known as Jeanne Phillips, and was founded by her mother, Pauline Phillips. Contact Dear Abby at www.DearAbby.com or P.O. Box 69440, Los Angeles, CA 90069. 

No comments:

Post a Comment