Sunday 3 May 2015

New Music Alert: Up and Coming Artiste Rhymeline Drops the Gritty and Grimy Secret Nla + Meet Rhmeline



He’s a new artiste trying to carve his way and create a niche for himself in the Nigerian Music scene. Here are excerpts from my little chat with him. Also find a link to the song after the interview.


He introduces himself:- My name is Oloda Ayomide Emmanuel. I am From a family of 5 (five), and I am the second child. I have a little sister and a big brother. I attended Adlanks International School for my primary education, Command Day Secondary School Ikeja, for my secondary education and a ND (National Diploma) program at Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo Ondo State, which is where I am from. I am a son of Owo land.

When I asked him when he started music,  here’s what he had to say:- Actually, I started music from day zero, LOL. Yeah it sounds funny but it’s true because I can remember setting plastic cups, steel plates and frying pans too to make several sounds and I was whooped several times by my parents for not being serious with studies, but basically I really got interested  in music when I joined the church choir at a very tender age. I started as a drummer and my actual first dream was to be a producer because I was so crazy about musical instruments and making sounds. In fact, back in secondary school, I was indeed a top rated producer with our desks, flute and the mouth organ. My parents never wanted music but that’s the only thing I do that makes me smile from the deep bottom of my heart so they have had to be supportive in various ways and my brother and sister are just real motivations. I have done various songs but officially I just dropped my debut single titled 'Secret Nla' and it’s really doing well now. People ask me what my inspiration is and my answer always is that my inspiration is listening to music, I mean good music like the music of KSA, Bob Marley, Lucky Dube, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti and one real inspiration for me is the CEO  album by late rap legend, Dagrin (RIP). 

As regards the challenges he’s facing:- Presently, my music life has really grown and improved in various ways, that is my lyrics, thoughts, and efforts. I am trying very hard to avoid unnecessary stress and my major challenge now is finance in terms of sponsorship in any form. As regards Secret Nla, it’s a real deep, inspiring and motivating song , and basically for hustlers not necessarily someone out there on the street alone but also for those individuals who are actually striving hard to survive or being intimidated by 'haters' after a lot of underground hard work and effort. So basically, Secret Nla is just a motivational song. 'thank you Lord for the street'.  

What’s your style of music? My style of music is basically Rap either on a pop, hard-core, afro, or RnB beat, I jump on it and all I do is rap. My Rap is mostly indigenous Rap.

Are you still pursuing your studies? Yes I am.

Hobbies? My hobbies include playing musical instruments (mainly drums) and hanging out with friends. I don’t like boredom. My favourite foreign artistes are JayZ, JCole, Rick Ross and Drake while my favourites local artistes are Reminisce, Tiwa Savage, Olamide, Dbanj , 2face and Phyno. My role models/mentors are Mandela, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti and JayZ.


No comments:

Post a Comment