Monday 9 June 2014

From Houston with Love…..

Houston is the largest city in Texas, and the fourth largest city in America. A multi-cultural city, Houston is home to an estimated 80,000 Nigerians and that’s the great city our tour guide, Feyi lives. She is going to tell us a little about the city she calls home.

Tell me a bit about yourself.
My name is Feyi Edalere and I’m 19-years-old. My star sign is Pisces and my favourite colour is pink. I listen to gospel/RnB (Mali Music).
What do you like the most your city?
We’re a live city. Houston is exciting and full of different cultures.
What’s the Houston Weather like?
Houston’s weather is very bipolar. It can get hot, cold and rainy all in one day. It’s mainly hot here though.
What fun things are there for a teenage tourist to do Houston?
You can do a lot of shopping and eating in Houston.
Are there any nice traditionally American cuisine you could recommend?
We have Frank’s Pizza, fried chicken, burgers and fries.
Complete the sentence, “When in Houston, please visit…..”
When in Houston, please visit the Galleria.
Complete the sentence, “When in Houston, please do not…..”
When in Houston, please do not be too friendly.


When you ever have the chance to visit the US, make you visit Houston where you’re sure to find some good old American fried chicken and burgers. While there, be sure to visit the galleria, and be prepared for the “bipolar” weather. Remember not to be too friendly (Feyi should tell us why she dropped this tip). That’s my summary of our guided tour of Houston as conducted by the ever so kind Feyi Edalere.

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm exited for my trip to visit fam in #Htown!!!!! This summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad you are. That's why I do this piece to get people hyped,up about visiting the cities. Thanks once again to Feyi, she's obviously been a great tour guide.

      Delete