Saturday 22 February 2014

Video: High School Senior Suffering From Cancer is Honoured.

High School senior, Dominique Cooks is battling with an inoperable brain tumour which doctors say has left him with only a short time to live.
This is a truly touching report on Dominique Cooks, a high school senior with an inoperable brain tumour. He may not live long enough to reach future milestones but he was able to attend his high school graduation, thanks to administrators at Decatur High School in Federal Way, Washington, USA.

Administrators at Decatur organised an early high school graduation ceremony  so that Cooks could experience getting his diploma. The graduation was complete with a jazz choir, a large crowd and a surprise guest appearance from Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin.

Cooks was diagnosed with brain cancer two years ago, but the cancer has recently progressed and doctors say he may not have much time left. However, teachers and classmates say that this has not brought the teen down, and he continues to exude positivity despite his illness.
Sounding remarkably upbeat for someone with such a diagnosis, Cooks told a reporter just before the ceremony, "When I found out I had cancer, I was like, cancer killed my best friend and my great grandmother. So I always knew I was gonna beat it for them," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment