Sunday 26 January 2014

My 17 Questions for Asa Asika


Asa Asika is not a stranger in the Nigerian entertainment industry. I caught up with him and got the 411 on Asa for the year 2014. He’s opening up a brand/talent agency and representing some new artistes this year such as BOJ and Ayo Jay (watch out for these names this year). Asa is also branching out into entertainment related businesses this year. His company, Stargaze will be working on some other big stuff! Events, TV productions so watch out for lots of stuff produced by Stargaze,   they're Asa's!



 Here’s his response to my 17 questions.

       1.)  Do you believe in love at first sight?
 Not in love, but steps before love, yes.

       2.)  What Nigerian TV programme do you love?
 I don’t watch TV that much….. I try to watch Rubbing Minds on Channels TV….. I like that.

       3.)  If you could be anyone else in the world, who would it be and why?
 Rick Rubin (He is one of the founders of Def Jam) or Bu, Akon’s little brother. They are in the same field of work I’m trying to get into and they have been really successful; especially Bu who was really successful at a young age. He has been involved in some of the  biggest albums you can talk about – Watch the Throne, all Akon’s albums, he signed T Pain, signed Lady Gaga and he’s only 29 years old. He is also a really cool person, I’ve been lucky to meet him and I have his number and I call him for advice and stuff like that and he’s really supportive of what I’m trying to do.

       4.) What’s your number one dating deal breaker?
Talk too much; a girl that talks too much. I talk a lot but I hate when another (person) does it.

      5.) What’s the one thing that confuses you about girls?
I don’t understand how girls are hot and cold. One minute it’s good and the next,……

      6.) Who’s your Nigerian celeb crush?
      I’m not allowed to say.


      7.) What’s your fave holiday destination?
Accra, Cape Town or KL in Malaysia. I also want to visit Angola & Brazil hopefully this year.

      8.) What’s your worst habit?
Spending money. I’m not that great at saving money, even though I have started making more of an effort.

      9.) What’s the single most expensive item in your wardrobe?
I recently started making an effort with the way I dress, so it's probably a suit I got in New York over the summer. I'm not a flashy guy.

         10.)  What do you enjoy the most about your celeb status?
  First of all, I don’t understand this whole celebrity thing but yeah I do enjoy the fact that I get free stuff and I don’t have to join lines at clubs and events. Most of all is the fact that younger people come up to me and say they like what I'm doing and ask for advice. It's stuff like that that keeps me going and pushes me to do more.

        11.)  Were you ever bullied as a teenager? If yes, how did you handle it, and how do you advise teens of today to handle bullying?
  No, I wasn't bullied. I knew most of the cool kids even though I was a nerd when I first started secondary school. Since I wasn't bullied, I can't really speak on it.

         12.)  If you were given a chance, would you enter Big Brother?
Naa

         13.)  Who’s your best dressed female Nigerian entertainer?
I don’t pay attention to stuff like this. I only recently started making an effort in the way I dress. I never used to wear a shirt or a suit. For best dressed male, cos I see him a lot, I’d probably say Naeto (C); Ebuka (Obi-Uchendu) also.

         14.)  If I came to your home and looked inside the refrigerator, what would I find?
Milk. I love milk.

         15.)  What’s your fave colour?
Red.

         16.)  What’s your fave meal?
I don’t have a favourite meal. I just eat cos I have to eat. I do like spaghetti bolognaise and jollof rice.
    
         17.) Fill in the blank; “when I was 17, I was ____________.”
        I was a proper nerd. Still had braces, think I had stopped wearing glasses by then. All I cared about was my schoolwork, football, Pokemon cards and video games. I actually remember the first time I didn't finish in the top 3 in my year, I went to the bathroom and cried....lol. Hard to believe now, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment